Our facility as it appeared in 1945.
Lincoln Office has been serving customers for 80 years.
During the years we've grown and changed, but remain the same company that opened its doors back in 1935.
1935 - Lincoln Office, an office supply store, opens its doors to customers in Lincoln, Illinois. Owners Victor and Geraldine Thudium saw a need to provide office supplies in Central Illinois.
1944 - Lincoln Office becomes a dealer for Metal Office Furniture Co. of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Already the world's leading designer and manufacturer of office furniture, the company would eventually become Steelcase, Inc.
1975 - Lincoln Office builds a 10,000-square-foot headquarters located on the west perimeter of Lincoln, Illinois.
Lincoln Office focused primarily on retail sales (as shown in this 1985 photo).
1988 - Thomas E. Spurgeon purchases Lincoln Office and announces intentions to expand geographically and to grow both product and service offerings to better meet the business needs of those in Downstate Illinois and other locations.
1990 - Corporate headquarters moves to Peoria, Illinois and occupies a new building.
1995 - Lincoln Office expands into Northwest Indiana and opens an office in Munster.
1996 - Steelcase awards the eastern Iowa territory to Lincoln Office, and the company establishes an office in Moline, Illinois.
Lincoln Office headquarters moved to this building in Peoria in 1990.
1997 - Lincoln Office opens a new warehouse and distribution service center in Morton, Illinois, offering clients storage capabilities and housing the company's Renewal Services department.
1998 - Lincoln Office becomes one of six dealers recognized nationally by Steelcase, which awards it the Quality Achievement Award for dedication and excellence as it strives to achieve total customer satisfaction.
1999 - The Northwest Indiana office moves from Munster to a larger office in Crown Point.
2000 - Bill Pape acquires Lincoln Office and announces intentions of continuing the success by maximizing growth and increasing the company's commitment to operational excellence.
2005 - Lincoln Office celebrates its 70th anniversary in business.
2008 - Lincoln Office breaks ground for a new facility on March 14th in East Peoria.
Our current building, opened in 2008.
2008 - Lincoln Office moves into the new facility December 15th.
2009 - Lincoln Office celebrates the new facility with an Open House in March for customers and the East Peoria Chamber of Commerce.
2010 - Lincoln Office celebrates its 75th business anniversary. Lincoln Office continues its traditon of serving Central Illinois, Eastern Iowa and Northwest Indiana.
2015 - Lincoln Office designated as a Steelcase Platinum Partner dealer.
2015 - July 1st marks 80 years of business for Lincoln Office.
2017- March 31st Lincoln Office is purchased by 360 Holdings of Morton, Illinois.